This is how we did it:
- Spent more time in the car than on the ground.
- Late to bed. Early to rise.
- Survive on gas station food, and an insane amount of water.
- Stopped at every scenic outlook, every quarter mile.
- Compromise on locations we wanted to see.
- Asked locals for the the best routes.
- Repeat x2
And we will never, ever, ever do that again. Sure, we saw pretty much the whole state, took thousands of photos, and had an amazing time. But, we never got a chance to really let everything soak in. But, on the bright-side, we know what, and how we want to see everything next time.
So, for next time:
- Pick a spot and spend a few days there
- Experience the culture
- Hike a few trails and climb a few peaks
- Take our time
- Enjoy everything around you
And I’m positive the whole experience will be much more memorable.